Section I/ Section II
Section I of the SBS Studbook (Sport Horse Type) is dedicated to:
- Products sired by a sport-typed stallion, approved by one of the three authorized Belgian sport horses Studbook (SBS, BWP and Z)
- Products sired by a sport-typed stallion approved by a foreign Studbook provided that this Studbook is an “A-member” of the WBFSH (World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses) and that the stallion meets the SBS zootechnical criteria.
- Products sired by a sport-typed stallion not fulfilling the above conditions but who has obtained, on an individual basis, a favorable opinion from the Approval Commission (such as English thoroughbred, Arabian thoroughbred, trotting stallion, etc.).
- Product sired by a non-approved sport-typed stallion registered in a WBFSH (World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses) « A » member Studbook, provided that the stallion is from a proven origin (3 known generations) and meets the SBS zootechnical criteria.
Section II of the SBS Studbook (Sport Pony Type) is dedicated to:
- Products sired by a sport-typed pony approved by an authorized Studbook such as SBS Pony, New-Forest, Connemara, (non-exhaustive list).
- Products resulting from a crossing of a pony with a sport-typed horse stallion meeting the criteria of Section I
- Products reaching a maximum of 1.48 m when adult, sired by a sport-typed horse stallion meeting the criteria of Section I and by a sport-typed mare.
Note: depending on the height reached by the product when adult, the transfer from one section to the other is authorized, at the express request of the owner and on presentation of a measuring attestation from the veterinarian